Sunday, May 15, 2011

Cameron Lake Snowshoeing




Feburary 18 2011. A Short trip to try out my new Northern Lite Quicksilver 30s. Cameron Ski trail, 5km round trip from Little prairie trail head to Cameron lake. Temperature was -35c with a strong cold wind Most likely around -45c with wind chill.




Wool buff kept my face nice and warm
Ski track, although i did not see anyone all afternoon.

About 4 Feet of snow on the docks stored for winter.
Stopping for Tea on the lake, My first cup of tea froze before i could drink it as i was trying to get a picture of it. 
MLD burn on her maiden voyage, 
View Across the lake
The Northern Lite snowshoes worked perfect, very light with lots of float for my weight.
I believe these poles are 6 feet tall, i will measure this spring/summer,
Headed back to the car my trail was almost gone, i was ready for some heat to thaw out my shoes.





1 comment: